Submissions of the applications by students – 19th October to 2nd December, 17h00 (Lisbon time)
Before to apply, and if you have never registered as student in the IDPASC website, you need to register here
All applicants have access to the proposed thesis themes in the LIP website. The applicants should consult the proposed thesis themes and contact the supervisor/co-supervisors of the thesis theme. A communication between candidates and supervisors is mandatory. The process of locking in the application form depends on, among other factors, the association of the supervisor and the co-supervisors (when applicable), to the application.
Applicants must apply to the theme and formalize their application by filling the Candidate Application form (provided by LIP on-line), and by uploading the following documents:
- One CV file in pdf format;
- One Motivation Letter file in pdf format;
- One PDF file to include supporting documents attesting that the applicant fulfils all the required conditions, namely certificates of all the academic degrees obtained, with the final average grade and marks in all subjects; other documents that the candidate may consider relevant to the assessment of the merit mentioned in the CV;
- Up to three contacts for reference letters
- (The reference letters will be directly uploaded by the referees. Applicants will not have access to the letters content but they will be able to check if the reference letters have been uploaded and when. The referees will receive an e-mail with the name of the applicant and with a link in order to upload their letters. The Referees can upload the letters during the whole period of the Call).
Click “Associate Supervisors”. An e-mail will be sent to the applicant and to the supervisor, as well as to the co-supervisors (when applicable). Applicants must then be confirmed by the supervisor, who will need to fill the supervisor form (provided by LIP on-line), describing its personal judgment as regards to the student CV and his adequacy to the PhD subject and by the co-supervisors (when applicable).
After the supervisor and co-supervisors have locked their association to the application, applicants should click "Submit and Lock". At this point, the entire application will be validated and, if there is no error, locked. No further modification will be allowed.
Students may only register one single application. Deadline for submission - 2nd December 2020, 17:00 (Lisbon time)
Candidates should hold either a pre-Bologna degree, or a pre-/post-Bologna Master’s degree at the time of application.
In order to comply with the foreseen applicable Portuguese legislation concerning the recognition of foreign qualifications, all the rights inherent to academic degrees granted by foreign higher education institutions is duly recognised to the holders of these degrees, subject to the presentation of the academic degrees recognition and conversion of the final grade to the Portuguese grading scale, requested to the Dean of a public Portuguese University, the Head of a Public Polytechnic Institute or the Director-General for Higher Education; or by the presentation of the equivalence/recognition, registered by a public higher education institution. The legal regime applicable to the recognition procedures is approved by the Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of 16 August, if requested after 1 January 2019. For requests submitted before 1 January 2019, the applicable legal procedure is ratified by Decree-Law 341/2007, of 12 October, and regulated by Decree no. 227/2017, of 25 July, or, alternatively, for equivalence processes, the request is governed by the Decree-Law no. 283/83, of 21 June.
For further information, applicants are advised to carefully read Decree-Law 66/2018, of 16 August, and to visit the website of the Directorate General for Higher Education (Direção-Geral do Ensino Superior, DGES): https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-and-diploma-recognition?plid=1536
Foreign certificates may be considered valid only when their acknowledgment record is submitted, or alternatively, when a document of acknowledgment/equivalence of foreign qualifications with the corresponding Portuguese qualifications is submitted.
Applicants with foreign academic degrees should:
- Indicate that the academic degree was completed abroad;
- Upload the recognition/equivalence of the academic degree and the final grade conversion to the Portuguese grading scale, issued by a public Portuguese higher education institution or by the Directorate General for Higher Education (DGES). The submission of both the recognition of academic degrees and the respective final grade conversion is mandatory for the calculation of the sub-criterion A1.
The members of the jury will only assess the degrees duly recognized at the date of the application submission.